AC Repair in Norfolk
Let Hutton Power & Light, LLC Fix Your AC Problem
Are you sick of your broken air conditioner leaving you to sweat through summer with no sign of relief? Without air conditioning, the air in your home can be nearly as hot and sticky as the air outside, and that can cause all sorts of problems. Aside from a generally uncomfortable life, too much indoor humidity can cause issues with mold growth, damage your furniture or possessions, and so much more. So when your system breaks down and you need it fixed, reach out to the experts from Hutton Power & Light, LLC as soon as possible!
Broken air conditioner got you down? Get it fixed by our experienced technicians! Call Hutton Power & Light, LLC at (757) 600-6605 today!
Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
The earlier you catch a problem with your air conditioner, the sooner we can get it fixed and running again. Knowing the warning signs of a potential failure can have a considerable impact on both the long-term health of your AC, as well as save you money by preventing the problem from developing into a more expensive one.
Common signs your air conditioner is in need of repairs:
- Strange sounds or smells
- Lack of cold air
- Excessive energy usage
- Electrical connection issues
- Thermostat issues
- Refrigerant leaks
- Freezing air conditioners
Your air conditioner is a pretty complex machine with a number of different parts that all need to work properly. When even a small issue comes up, your entire system could be compromised. You could see reduced output, increased air temperatures, or even a system that completely shuts down and refuses to turn on. At Hutton Power & Light, LLC, our experienced team members figure out exactly what’s happening with your system so we can get it repaired correctly the first time.
Why is My AC Blowing Hot Air?
If you ever notice that your air conditioner isn't blowing cold air, there are a few things you can check before calling in a professional. Some key reasons that it might be blowing hot air include:
- Thermostat settings: The first thing you should check is the thermostat settings. Make sure it's set to 'cool' and make sure the desired temperature setting is below the current temperature of the room.
- Dirty air filter: We always stress how vital a clean air filter for your HVAC system is. Not only does it provide clean air to your home, but it also protects your system from the major clogging culprits: dust, dirt, and debris. It is a good rule of thumb to at least check your filter monthly. Keeping them clean, keeps you cool.
- Blocked condenser coils: Anything that restricts airflow from entering the condenser is going to affect the efficiency of your HVAC system. Debris, overgrown foliage, dirt, and mold are some common obstructions. Proper coil maintenance should be a regular spring and summer activity, especially when the pollen count is higher.
- Air duct obstructions and leaks: Since ducts are oftentimes difficult to access, there may be issues where you're unaware of. Flex ducts are occasionally not installed properly and they can end up being kinked, undersized, and left sagging. The older your ductwork is, the more likely it is to find holes, leaks, and caulking that are starting to crack allowing air to escape. Another reason may be that critters have found their way into your ducts as well, chewing holes along their path.
- Low refrigerant levels: A sealed system is only low on refrigerant if there is a leak. You should never need to have your unit "charged". The refrigerant absorbs heat from the air then disperses it back out, this process turns from a liquid to gas back to a liquid and during this process, the refrigerant does not evaporate. Because leaks can occur in numerous hard-to-reach areas, some leaks can go unnoticed for some time. There are some warning signs a leak is present: low airflow, blowing warm air, coils freezing over, higher electric bills or your home is taking longer to cool down. A refrigerant leak can be dangerous, depending on the location of the leak, it can cause shortness of breath and asphyxiation. If you suspect there may be a leak, call a professional immediately!
Hutton Power & Light, LLC has more than 40 years of experience in the heating and cooling industry, and we know what it takes to conduct a thorough and high-quality repair. We hold every service we provide to high standards because we know that when you call us, you’re trusting your most important and valuable possession to us: your home. We always make sure to solve your air conditioner issues at the source and take care of the problem for good instead of simply masking the symptoms. We believe you deserve the best, and we strive to offer nothing but the best every time you call us.
Call to Schedule Your Service Today
We service all makes and models of air conditioning equipment, from the latest and greatest to older systems from every manufacturer. We always use the latest tools, premium components, and factory or OEM parts in order to ensure a repair which lasts and obtains your complete and total satisfaction.
Stop sweating through summer and get your air conditioner fixed as soon as possible! Contact Hutton Power & Light, LLC today.