Your Health Is Our Top Priority
Mold can be present pretty much anywhere, both inside and outside. It’s a natural part of the environment and can cause a variety of health issues such as headaches, nausea, allergy symptoms, and other permanent damages. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that even indirect exposure to these kinds of bacteria can cause harm.
At Hutton, we understand the risks of mold exposure and offer a full range of mold remediation services for both residential and commercial properties. We pride ourselves on performing at the national standard level for regulating mold remediation. We go above and beyond and don’t just remove your mold, but completely remediate all surfaces of affected areas to extract remaining bacteria. As a certified and licensed company, we guarantee a safe and clean living environment.
Signs of Mold Remediation
If you have even the slightest suspicion of mold, you should have a specialist inspect your property as soon as possible. Since mold creates harmful toxins such as fungus, it can trigger a suite of health problems that are harmful to individuals who already have breathing issues. And, because mold is not always visible to the naked eye, identifying it can be extremely difficult. To avoid this, it’s critical to pay close attention for warning signs.
The following are common indications that mold may be growing in your home:
- Odors: The first sign of mold growth is a musty, wet smell that usually comes from mold that’s hiding in your house. You should never ignore abnormal smells, as the problem can worsen.
- Damaged surfaces: As mold increases, it can cause decay on your ceilings, floors, and furniture. If you have faulty water filtration, water can seep into floor and cause a leak. Mold can then intrude when water is left underneath the surface.
- Humidity: Because humidity produces moisture, it creates the perfect environment for mold to live and grow in. To reduce the presence of humidity in your home, clean your AC filters regularly and replace outdated carpets or flooring.
- Mold Spores: Stains and spores are a definite sign of infested mold. Surfaces can look fuzzy, slimy, and discolored.
- Allergies: If your allergies are acting up more than usual, mold may be growing somewhere in your home. Mold causes common allergic reactions such as sore eyes, sneezing, and nasal congestion.
Hire Our Expert Mold Remediators
We understand the complicated process that comes with mold remediation services. Our Norfolk professionals will help you determine the cause and source of mold, so we can remove it quickly and avoid issues from repeating. We have more than 40 years of licensed experience, and we can act as your one-stop-shop for all your property restoration needs.
Electric, Heating & AC Service
Make The Bright Choice
We Don't Take Customer Service Lightly
Our Customers Love Us
Kristofer, our technician, was so great at his job. He was informative, polite, and walked us through our options and teaching us what we needed to know. We’ll be referring him/Hutton to anyone who asks...
Always a great experience when having Hutton do work for us. Always on time, professional, work done exceptionally and they clean up.
There are just some companies that go above and beyond to do things right and Hutton is a great example of that. They are responsive and organized when it came time to schedule an appointment....
I used Hutton based off of the reviews I read and I'm glad I did. Very nice experience and I will be having them come back next month for another project. Nice guys that were...
Hutton was excellent in every aspect of my home generator installation.. was able to provide step by step instructions and updates. Always prompt and even was able to make an on the spot modification to...