Norfolk Whole Home Rewiring
Skilled Electricians Providing Residential Services for Over 40 Years
Outdated wiring is a danger and, unfortunately, it’s a danger that many homeowners don’t know about until it’s too late. With modern technology progressing, most homes require additional electrical circuits and capacity that a lot of older homes don’t have anymore. Since the average home needs to be able to support a multitude of laptops, smartphones, desktops, appliances, and lighting fixtures, you need a durable electrical system that can handle a larger amount of power.
At Hutton Power & Light, LLC, our experienced team specializes in custom and basic home rewiring. We have the training and tools to complete any job effectively, no matter how big or small. We additionally offer a wide range of electrical services in Norfolk, which gives us the resources and experience to quickly get the job done.
Give our electricians in Norfolk a call at (757) 600-6605 to request an appointment today!
Do I Need to Rewire My Home?
If your home was not built in the last 50 years, it may be time to rewire. Most homes built before 1950 don’t meet the needs of the National Electrical Code Standards. Older homes tend to have fabric-insulated wires, which are usually made from cloth. Since cloth is brittle, it can leave your wires uninsulated and potentially produce a spark, causing a fire.
If you notice any of the following warning signs, it may be time to rewire your home:
- Too many extension cords: Running additional extension cords through your walls or home can yield kinks in cords, leading to tripped beakers, pinched wires, and damaged outlets.
- Blown-out fuses: You may have a blown fuse if your power box has any characteristics of a wooden backing, black and unprotected cables, or no circuit labels.
- Overheating outlets: This can be a sign that the wiring in your home is too short, which causes black singe marks around the outlet.
- Burning smells: If you begin to smell something burning but aren’t cooking anything and have seen no smoke or singe marks, this can also be a potential sign of wiring in your home being too short.
- Flicking lights: When the lights in your house flicker, this is a sign of loose wiring connections. Flickering lights are not only disruptive but are considered a sign of a serious wiring issue.
- Electrical shock: This is one of the most important warning signs when thinking of rewiring your home. An electrical shock rarely occurs if your wires are properly maintained and serviced, as it can lead to serious bodily injuries.
Importance of Hiring a Professional Electrician
The U.S. Fire Administration has listed electrical malfunctions as one of the leading causes of house fires each year. For this reason, it’s important to note that attempting an electric rewiring by yourself can be extremely dangerous. Installing new wires is a complex and major construction project that should only be handled by professionals. People who are inexperienced in the field are at higher risk of electric shock or other serious, permanent injuries. Therefore, hiring an electrician with the right experience is imperative.
Why Choose Us
Hutton Power & Light, LLC has proven success in providing homes with effective and affordable wiring systems for years. You can count on us to give you the latest standard codes and technology, to ensure absolute comfort in your home. If you’re considering a home rewiring in the Norfolk area, our electricians can carry out the job right, and on time.