Helping You Along the Road to Recovery in Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads & Surrounding Areas
If your home or business has been damaged by fire and smoke, Hutton is here to help you with the restoration process. Regardless of the cause of the fire damage, we have the training, skills, and equipment to restore your property to its pre-fire condition. With over 40 years of industry experience, our team of professionals will make sure that the job is done right the first time.
Do’s & Don’ts After a Fire
No matter the size, if a fire occurs in your home or commercial building, the devastation is immediately felt. After the firemen leave, you are left with much to do – but where do you even begin? How can you most effectively recover from such a disaster? We’ve put together a list to help you think through what to do after a fire.
After a fire, do:
- Tread lightly through the affected areas to prevent soot from being embedded into your carpets and upholstery
- Refrain from touching walls, woodwork, upholstery, and countertops with soiled hands
- Empty your fridge and freezer and prop the door open if you do not have power
- Call our professional fire restoration team to help you begin the recovery process
After a fire, don’t:
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances affected by the fire without the help of a professional
- Send garments to a conventional dry cleaner, which could result in the setting of suit stains and smoke odors
- Use food or beverages that were stored near the high temperature, flames, or smoke
- Try to wash any walls, painted surfaces, carpet, or upholstery prior to contacting Hutton
The Fire Restoration Process
Although every fire leaves a wake of damage that is unique and requires a customized solution, the general process of recovery is the same. We would like to give you an idea of what a typical fire restoration process looks like.
The steps involved in the fire damage recovery process include:
- Get in touch with us – The process begins when you reach out to us to schedule an appointment with our fire restoration specialists. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
- Fire damage assessment – Our team will carefully inspect your property to determine the extent of the damage. Based on what we discover, we will help you develop the best plan of action.
- Tarp and Board-Up process – If the fire has damaged your walls and windows, we can board up those locations to protect against further damage and maintain the security of your property. We can also place tarps on damaged roofs to protect from additional water damage from rain.
- Water removal and drying – If there is water damage present after the fire, that water will need to be removed, and the area must dry out.
- Soot and smoke removal – The smoke and soot that is on your walls, ceilings, and other surfaces will need to be removed through the use of specialized equipment and techniques.
- Cleaning and sanitizing – Any of your restorable items will need to be cleaned and sanitized. This involves using professional cleaning techniques that remove both stains and odors.
- Repairs and replacements – The final step of the fire restoration process is doing any repair work. This usually includes installing new flooring, replacing drywall, and painting. More extensive damage could necessitate the reconstruction of various areas or even entire rooms.
Call Us Today!
Electric, Heating & AC Service
Make The Bright Choice
We Don't Take Customer Service Lightly
Our Customers Love Us
Kristofer, our technician, was so great at his job. He was informative, polite, and walked us through our options and teaching us what we needed to know. We’ll be referring him/Hutton to anyone who asks...
Always a great experience when having Hutton do work for us. Always on time, professional, work done exceptionally and they clean up.
There are just some companies that go above and beyond to do things right and Hutton is a great example of that. They are responsive and organized when it came time to schedule an appointment....
I used Hutton based off of the reviews I read and I'm glad I did. Very nice experience and I will be having them come back next month for another project. Nice guys that were...
Hutton was excellent in every aspect of my home generator installation.. was able to provide step by step instructions and updates. Always prompt and even was able to make an on the spot modification to...