Portable Generator Services in Norfolk
Power Solutions for Your Home
Portable generators are an affordable and effective option for homeowners who wish to have some measure of security against unexpected power outages. Though somewhat less reliable and certainly less powerful than their automatic standby counterparts, portable generators can provide you with enough power to keep the lights on and the heater/AC system running in the event of an emergency.
If you are interested in investing in a portable generator or need service for a portable generator you already own, contact Hutton Power & Light, LLC. Our expert technicians can help you ensure that your generator is working properly so that you can rest easy knowing you and your family are protected in the event that an emergency or blackout strikes.
What Are the Benefits of Portable Generators?
As previously mentioned, portable generators are generally less powerful than permanently installed automatic standby generators. Typically speaking, portable generators are not recommended as an emergency power option for businesses, commercial properties, or larger homes.
That being said, portable generators do offer a number of benefits, including:
- Affordability: Portable generators cost considerably less upfront than automatic standby generators. If cost is a factor for you, you may wish to consider a portable option.
- Reliability: If you don’t require a ton of power but only need enough to run the essentials during an emergency, portable generators offer a reliable solution.
- Added Power: Not just for emergencies, portable generators can provide you with additional power for extra appliances, power tools, and more.
- Peace of Mind: Having a portable generator on hand for the next power outage is absolutely better than having nothing.
Keep in mind, you will need to be home to operate your portable generator. These systems do not kick on automatically when the power goes out. Additionally, you will need to keep fuel on hand and may need to refill the generator if you use it for an extended period of time.
Standby Generators vs. Portable
If you are considering investing in a generator it's important to know some of the key differences between standby and portable generators to determine which type will best suit your particular needs. During hurricane season or periods of extended power loss, many homeowners flock to the nearest hardware stores to purchase a portable generator, while some prefer to have an automatic standby generator installed in their home ready to kick on as soon as the power cuts out. To help you determine which option is better for you we will break down the key differences between both generator types.
Differences between standby and portable generators:
- Standby generators are permanent fixtures in your house ans are installed outside your home similar to an air conditioner. Portable generators are smaller and can be moved from room to room, location to location.
- Portable generators need to be turned on and monitored. Standby generators turn on automatically when the power shuts off.
- Standby generators provide more power - enough to provide power to heating & cooling systems, refrigerators, etc. Portable generators provide less power and must be attached to appliances with the use of extension cords in order to provide power to them.
Handling All Your Portable Generator Needs
At Hutton Power & Light, we provide comprehensive portable generator services in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the surrounding areas. Whether you need help installing a new generator, are looking for repairs, or simply need generator services, our team is ready to help. We stand behind all our work with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and provide standardized, flat-rate pricing.